Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A New Adventure

Today is an exciting day.  We got licensed to be foster parents at the end of January. We have been waiting ever since for a placement. We were getting really discouraged.  We had a chance to do some respite care for some friends who are foster parents a couple of weeks ago.  We had a lot of fun, but it made me really want to get started on this journey even more.  I have felt for a long time that this is a path we should take.  Well, today we finally got the call and we are now taking care of a beautiful baby girl.  She is just a couple of days old.  We will probably only have her for a couple of months.  Anna is so excited to be a foster big sister.  Wish us Luck!

4 comments:

ohilaryk@gmail.com said...

It makes me cry for joy to read of your new adventure!! Can we come and visit? Love you lots my best neighbor & dearest friend!!

klonghall said...

You've really been on my mind this past week. Now I know why! This baby girl will surely be blessed by being in your loving home. You are a wonderful mother with plenty of love to share! You'll continue to be in my thoughts & prayers as you begin this adventure. Love you!

Ashlee said...

That is one lucky girl to be placed in your home! Anna will be the best big foster sister. We are so happy for you!!!

Jennifer Lyn Newell Standridge said...

Cathy, I am soo exciting for you, David & Anna. I will say my prayers for you and know I will be thinking of you. You will be wonderful you have so much to give these children that will come into your home!