Saturday, May 22, 2010

Adventure Update

I thought I would better write a little update here on our adventure in being a Foster Family.  We have had baby H. now for almost 3 weeks.  We are finally getting on a bit more regular sleep schedule.  Yay for sleep!  She is a very good baby.  She gets a little fussy around 5-7, but only wails when she is in her car seat and hungry, or in her crib and hungry.  She was born at only 6lbs 5 oz., but she is trying to eat her way through life so far:)  She gulps down that bottle like she hasn't been fed for hours and hours.  She is only awake for a half hour at time, only a couple of times a day.  Anna will say, "hurry, look, her eyes are open."  Anna has been a great helper.  She make up a bottle from putting the parts together to mixing the formula and bringing it to me.  She likes to hold baby H. but not for longer than a few minutes.  This morning the baby spit up on her new outfit, and I said, "Baby, wait are you doing?"  Anna told me, "you can't get mad at her Mom, she is just a baby."  Anna thinks it is very funny that the baby keeps me up at night.  She does not think it is funny that I cannot come and play with her, or help her with something because I'm feeding the baby.  It has been very good for Anna to have a sibling even if for a short time.  Anna told my sister on the phone, "if you want to see Baby H. you better hurry, because she won't be here much longer." 

2 comments:

Alex, JJ, Zac...The Lorenzen's said...

How cool, I had no idea you were doing this. I thought about being a foster parent awhile ago. It sounds like you are having fun! Can't wait to see you in August.

Jen said...

Aw, how sweet. You're certainly taking on the hardest age of babyhood -- but they are so amazingly adorable that tiny too. Can you post pictures?