She was very worried last night. I should have been more clear when we talked about 1st grade being the whole day. Last night she asked, "Will Daddy already be home from work when I get home?" "Will it be time for my night-night show when I get home?" Poor thing thinks she's getting home at 8pm. We cleared that up, and I told her that she would be having so much fun the time would fly by and she would be surprised that the teacher was telling her it was time to come home. So, I've been hoping and praying all day today that she really is having fun.
 |
| This is the farewell committee. David came home from a meeting in town so he could stay home with Baby H. while I took Anna to school. |
 |
| A little nervous. |
 |
| A little goofy :) |
 |
| My beautiful girl all grown up-I can't believe she is already a first grader. |
|
 |
| Thank goodness for friends! Before Sienna showed up Anna was glued to my side. |
 |
| All lined up and ready to go. She got a little quivery lip here, but held it together as they went in to class |
 |
| This is her teacher Señora Lopez. Very sweet. |
|
 |
| All the parents and kids - this area where they line up in the morning is for all Kindergarteners and 1st graders-thus the overabundance of parents :) It was a very big and exciting morning. Now what will I do with myself? Somehow I think I'll be able to fill the hours. | |
|
|
3 comments:
So very cute...We know the feeling. How fun that Anna and Alexander are going through the same thing. :)
I loved this! Sometimes I wish I could go back to half day kindergarten too. Enjoy her while you can. Today in R.S., Gina was conducting and asked the YW Pres. if they had announcements. They announced an upcoming Mother-daughter activity and Gina said, "Oh, that sounds like fun!" That was followed by the thought that she no longer has any daughters at home and lost all control and had to ask her President to finish conducting! Poor Gina.
oh my gosh I wore a plaid skirt to the first day of first grade too dont worry anna's is very trendy
Post a Comment