Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy Labor Day!

To all you Mother's out there in all your many forms - Moms, Grandmas, Stepmoms, Aunts, Teachers, etc. - here is a quote I copied from Sarah at Clover Lane

No ordinary work done by a man is either as hard
 or as responsible 
as the work of a woman 
who is bringing up a family of small children; 
for upon her time and strength demands
 are made not only every hour of the day 
but often every hour of the night.
Theodore Roosevelt
My mother-in-law, sister-in-law and brother-in-law came this weekend to celebrate David's birthday.  Their gift to him was service.  They labored night and day all weekend long, and I feel like I live in a new house.  Thanks so much to them and all those in our lives who have labored for us and supported us through thick and thin.  We feel truly blessed.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

What a wonderful quote. May I just add my comments about your previous post--Ha Ha that was soo cute. I'm so glad she shared with you before hand her questions or she may have been really confused when the teacher said it was time to go! Way to go Anna on your first day!

Michael said...

Cathy-it was so much fun to see you and your family yesterday. Baby H and I had a ball dancing together! We miss being near. Someday you'll have to come to Nauvoo and spend time with us.