The Walkers joined us for Easter weekend on their way to visit Scott for spring break. We were so excited to have them with us! We love visitors. We were so impressed because I told them that there was an Easter egg hunt at a local church at 2pm on Saturday, and they arrived with time to spare. It turned out that this was a popular egg hunt. I didn't know anything about it, I just saw it listed in the newspaper. Well, there were hundreds of kids there, a field cordoned off into square sections that were liberally sprinkled with plastic eggs. Before the whistle blew there were kids lined up three deep on all four sides of Anna's section (can you see Todd in his dark glasses?).

If you weren't in the front row, you weren't getting anything but a blade of grass. The whistle blew, those kids vacuumed up the eggs within 15 seconds, and then there was a lot of crying. Anna didn't cry, but she was wandering very bewildered. My niece Michelle took her out into the field hoping to find an overlooked egg. Instead they found a very sweet mom that asked if Anna had any eggs, and then told her son he needed to share one. Anna came back to us completely thrilled and overjoyed at her one egg. I don't think we'll be back next year:)

That night we colored eggs (the title photo comes from that night-as you can see we got a little punchy).

The next day before church we rolled eggs at Carmichael hill.


She liked her Easter basket, but she really loved hunting for the eggs around the house. Laurie the Easter Bunny hid a million! I found one in the couch yesterday! I didn't get any pictures of the hunt, but this is her basket.

Anna had a very cute Easter dress with pink flowers and a matching dress for her dolly, but I forgot to take a picture! We were rushing after the rolling. Thanks Walkers for coming!
2 comments:
Good times! 'Love the updates and the pix. Just put Anna in the Easter Dress on another day and snap a pic. Who cares what day it really is...you just want the picture in the cute dress.
And, Cyndi's picture had me cracking up with the 38 in there. Too fun.
We're headed to see the Lion King downtown tonight for Bridger's birthday. Abby's staying with a friend. It's too late and too long for her.
I'm glad you found time to post some things.
oh I saw that this was of when we were there and had to look but you didn't mention my favorite part wear Anna comes down stairs doesn't notice the tricycle and gasps runs and says look another egg!
Post a Comment