Sunday, February 8, 2009

Random Thoughts

I haven't had anything exciting to post about, but thought I would ramble a little. Life has been busy and good. It seems like Relief Society work comes in waves. That has kept me very busy lately, and I always have more I could be doing. I got my hair cut very short in the back. It is cute, and I like it. I will grow it out some and then cut it back again for the summer. We're settling back into a routine now that Christmas, and our difficult January is over. Anna loves her pre-school, and especially her two teachers Miss Cheryl and Miss Denise. I'm hoping that will make it easier for her in September when some of her best friends go to kindergarten and she doesn't. She has gone to two dance classes, and loves it so far. I'm impressed that she listens to the teacher and doesn't just run off dancing around the room. I have had a cold the last couple of days in my head - it is not pretty. David has taken such good care of me. Not only did he make lunch and dinner today, but he made an extra big dinner so we could take in dinner to a new family in our ward. He even made chocolate chip cookies which turned out fantastic. I told him that he is now the official cookie maker, because my chocolate chip cookies have turned out horrible lately. I shouldn't be that close to cookie dough anyway - too much temptation. I have done a much better job with my blood sugars since being pregnant for a short time. Maybe a great blessing. I have two new goals. Shine my sink (do the dishes every night and empty the dishwasher every morning), and do a load of laundry a day. My friend Andrea told me about a website for organization and cleaning called flylady.net. I haven't signed up for the e-mails, but I read most of the stuff on the website, and it did inspire me. So I have made these two goals, and I'm not going to worry about tackling anything else until I've got them down into a routine, an automatic habit. It has felt good so far. It definitely gives me a little peace of mind to come down to a clean kitchen in the morning instead of a pile of yucky dishes. Check with me in a month and see how I'm doing:) I just finished reading Mrs. Mike for book club. I read it years ago when I was a teenager and remembered that it had touched me then. It has made me think quite a bit this week. About sacrifice and loss, about love and the little things, about friendships and service. Well, those are my random thoughts for the evening.
~C

2 comments:

Jen said...

I totally enjoyed your random thoughts and I got a good book idea out of the bargain. I have been trying to do flylady on and off for several years. Her ideas are awesome and work great unless you're me. I just can never stick to a routine -- I just got diagnosed with A.D.D., maybe I don't have to feel like such a failure anymore! So, I give you a big cheer in shining your sink and doing your laundry. (I am a TOTAL believer in the laundry one, it does work for me and I'm washing clothes for 9 people!)

Alex, JJ, Zac...The Lorenzen's said...

Honestly, you step away from a blog for a little while and you really lose touch with everyone. Ellie the dog passed away, Anna's b-day, I mean I need to learn how to set my blog up correctly...as I have so much more to learn.
I loved catching up with you and the family. I am so excited to see you all in July...I know it's a long time away...but I still can look forward to it.