Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Dolly

I finally downloaded some recent photos. I thought I would separate them into different posts. These are pictures that Anna made me take of her and Dolly one morning. Dolly has always been her favorite, even though there are many other dolls in the house. They get played with and take on minor parts in her make believe world, but Dolly always holds the main role and sleeps with her every night (along with Teddy and silky which she all together calls her 3 sleep toys). Dolly, by the way was rescued at a garage sale when Anna was very little, probably around 18 months old. Often Dolly plays baby Jesus and fits nicely under Anna's Mary costume for the pregnant donkey ride, she also fits perfectly in the basket that has been adapted to be the manger. Sometimes Dolly is the mother of a small baby doll named Tia. Sometimes I can't even understand the complex pretend scenario that is being played out. Anna's imagination is overflowing these days. I hope it lasts for a very long time.

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

My favorite is the last picture:)
I love big brown eyes-beautiful!!!
I remember being her age and having complex pretending going on...to be a child again!

Jen said...

Oh, the last picture is beautiful! I love hearing about her imagination, it reminds me of my not-so-little-anymore daughter Hannah at that age. (11 years ago)