A couple of weeks ago we took a short trip to Portland. I've been waiting for a long time to buy an entertainment center. After great deliberation on my part I settled on an entertainment center and some shelves to go on each side of it, all from IKEA.
It happened that we were also looking for a big girl bed for Anna at the same time and found one on the IKEA website that we liked.
So we planned a little getaway to Portland with a one night stay at the Comfort Inn,
mostly so we could go swimming.
Anna was so excited. When we got there she played with every button and light she could find,
and then rushed us into our swimsuits. We swam for almost two hours until I finally convinced her that we had to get out of the pool so we could go eat, and we would be able to swim again. We found a Chili's (we had a gift card from Christmas-thanks Leif!) at the big mall at Clackamas. After dinner we wandered the mall, and Anna got to ride the escalators and elevators a couple of times a piece. We found the kids toys and she ran around with all the other wild children there. That night I shared a bed with Anna.
I asked her what side she wanted to sleep on. She told me, "in the middle." I asked her where I was going to sleep, and she pointed to the 1/3 of the bed not occupied by herself, her doll or her teddy bear.
In the morning we made sure we got up in time for the free breakfast! David loves those waffles:) Anna had very little interest in breakfast because you could see the pool from the breakfast room.
We swam again for almost two hours. She loves the pool! She brought her swimming dolly (now named Queen of the Sea) who swam with us the whole time.
I think by the end of this summer she will be swimming on her own. We convinced her that we had to get out so we could go see the temple. So we drove over to the temple (David needed some new g's). We got out and walked around the grounds singing, "I love to see the temple."
It was a gorgeous day in Portland , and the bulbs were just coming out. 
We saw two brides, which Anna thought was pretty cool. We finally headed over to IKEA around 12:30. It was crazy! There must have been a thousand people there (later I found out that my neighbor Hilary was there and had left at 12:30-small world!) Anna got to play in the toy room while we went and picked up the boxes for the big furniture and loaded them in the car. They all fit, thank goodness. We picked up Anna and waited in line for lunch. They have delicious swedish meatballs, and I had a super yummy shrimp salad. I also think their apple cake is way good. Anna got to pick out a toy,
and then David took her to the car while I got an hour to look around at the all the little stuff - my favorite:) I love that place. I could spend hours there. On the way home we made a very quick stop at Multonomah falls.
We ran up, took three pictures and ran back. 
It was a very fun little trip. When we finally got home Anna said, I want to go back to the hotel.
It happened that we were also looking for a big girl bed for Anna at the same time and found one on the IKEA website that we liked.
So we planned a little getaway to Portland with a one night stay at the Comfort Inn,
mostly so we could go swimming.
Anna was so excited. When we got there she played with every button and light she could find,
and then rushed us into our swimsuits. We swam for almost two hours until I finally convinced her that we had to get out of the pool so we could go eat, and we would be able to swim again. We found a Chili's (we had a gift card from Christmas-thanks Leif!) at the big mall at Clackamas. After dinner we wandered the mall, and Anna got to ride the escalators and elevators a couple of times a piece. We found the kids toys and she ran around with all the other wild children there. That night I shared a bed with Anna.
I asked her what side she wanted to sleep on. She told me, "in the middle." I asked her where I was going to sleep, and she pointed to the 1/3 of the bed not occupied by herself, her doll or her teddy bear.
In the morning we made sure we got up in time for the free breakfast! David loves those waffles:) Anna had very little interest in breakfast because you could see the pool from the breakfast room.
We swam again for almost two hours. She loves the pool! She brought her swimming dolly (now named Queen of the Sea) who swam with us the whole time.
I think by the end of this summer she will be swimming on her own. We convinced her that we had to get out so we could go see the temple. So we drove over to the temple (David needed some new g's). We got out and walked around the grounds singing, "I love to see the temple."
It was a gorgeous day in Portland , and the bulbs were just coming out. 
We saw two brides, which Anna thought was pretty cool. We finally headed over to IKEA around 12:30. It was crazy! There must have been a thousand people there (later I found out that my neighbor Hilary was there and had left at 12:30-small world!) Anna got to play in the toy room while we went and picked up the boxes for the big furniture and loaded them in the car. They all fit, thank goodness. We picked up Anna and waited in line for lunch. They have delicious swedish meatballs, and I had a super yummy shrimp salad. I also think their apple cake is way good. Anna got to pick out a toy,
and then David took her to the car while I got an hour to look around at the all the little stuff - my favorite:) I love that place. I could spend hours there. On the way home we made a very quick stop at Multonomah falls.
We ran up, took three pictures and ran back. 
It was a very fun little trip. When we finally got home Anna said, I want to go back to the hotel.


3 comments:
Cathy, When do we get to hear the rest of the nightmare, I mean, story. :) Penny and Mom
Few shopping trips bring me as much joy as one to IKEA! Come visit us in Atlanta, and we can go during the day when it's not very crowded! My boys have bunk beds & cool red lockers from IKEA. All the kids have dressers from there, too. And, I love the meatballs. They have a fantastic chocolate cake, too.
Wow! Eventful trip in my old stomping grounds of Portland (well, I grew up in Salem, but that's the temple I was married in.) I love the picture of Anna in front of the daffodils.
And, I also adore shopping in Ikea -- I just never get to go spend hours like I would like.
Post a Comment