Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Tonsils Are Gone Along with the Adenoids

These are some pictures from the tonsils adventure today. She did so well, which was great, because both David and I were very nervous, way more than she was. She ate Popsicles and ice cream and pudding, and drank a ton today after we got home. She was running around this afternoon pretending to be a snowman, playing cup dee cup, and pretending Tinkerbell. We'll see how tomorrow goes. Thanks for all your prayers.
This is on our way in to the surgery center. All dressed up and no place to go, but wait for everything to start. They gave her stickers to decorate her hat. She used up all the stickers in the box:). Coming out of the anesthesia. Popsicles at home, that's what it's all about isn't it? She wanted blue popsicles, this is as close as David could find. Aunt Penny and Grandma Linda sent a basket with a butterfly balloon and toys and goodies. This white stuff is the packing material for the basket. I'm sure that no one realized it was also a toy. She is a snowman named Julia- she also had clumps of it taped to her feet. (do you like the chocolate ice cream mustache?) She eventually attached the bows from the basket to her and to dolly. This is a little video of her coming out of the anesthesia. Aunt Cyndi sent a picture book, a sticker book and a craft which all came in very handy while we waited to be able to go home.



She is sleeping now. She is such a little trooper. She rarely complained of any pain, and drank whenever I asked her to. They say the second day is the hardest, so I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

klonghall said...

Yikes! I would have been a nervous wreck, too! Abby had tubes put in at 10 months. Bridger had hernia surgery at 6. Both of those surgeries had me more than a little anxious. (I was 3 weeks from delivery with Abby, when Bridger had his surgery.) They were kind of funny coming out of anesthesia. Bridger tried to rip out that IV, first thing! We've had lots of friends here have their tonsils out. They have all done well, and most of them, now, sleep WAY better at night. Good Luck!

Jen said...

What a sweetheart. I have found that as much as I hate (HATE!!!!) being in the hospital and being stuck with I.V.s etc.. I would gladly do it all again in the place of watching one of my children go through something like that. Even when it's not a big deal, I feel such empathy for my little people when they're being so brave. I hope she continues to do great and enjoy the finer things of life (popsicles, white packing stuff and bows!) You guys take care. :D