Saturday, April 25, 2009

Easter!

I know I'm slow, but I finally edited the Easter pictures. We had a wonderful Easter. It started on Saturday with the ward Easter Egg hunt. David went out with Anna - he is wearing a red shirt and Anna is wearing a turquoise blue shirt. She loved it. At one point David pointed out an egg to her that she had passed. She ran back and got it and brought it to him. She said, "here's your egg Dad." Surprised, he said, "no, it's for you." She replied, "but it's yours because YOU found it." He decided she was right and it was her hunt to do her own way.
That night we colored Easter eggs, which I think was her favorite. We had a kit that had nine different colors, so we made short work of the two dozen eggs I had boiled. We of course accompanied our activity with my favorite Easter candy.
Easter morning she came downstairs to her basket (which is really a family basket as far as candy goes. Anna shares freely, and I bought both David and my favorites:) and then hunted eggs. There is a very cute video, but too long to post. She was most excited about this Thumbelina doll that she got in her basket. In fact she played with it all morning and never even touched the candy in her basket until after we had eaten Easter dinner after church. I don't know where she got this gene. This is her Easter dress, thanks Grandma Ann. She gave her first talk in Primary, and she was awesome. She talked about Jesus' life, and did almost the whole talk in her own words. We used the pictures from the Gospel Art Kit (thanks Aunt Jennifer!) for visuals, and to help her remember what to talk about.

After church she played with some of her toys from her basket (the cute bunny is from Aunt Penny and Grandma Linda, Thanks!), and enjoyed peeps with Daddy (because Mommy won't touch them, yuck!).
It was a great Easter. The only thing we missed was the Easter egg roll - a Brown (or really a Toomer) tradition. It rained all afternoon, so we never got out to do it. We should have got out the ironing board. Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, what fun! She looked adorable in her dress. I am just in awe at how nicely clean your house was to take pictures of the egg hunt inside! (that doesn't happen at my house!)

Alex, JJ, Zac...The Lorenzen's said...

My goodness, I had some catching up to do with your blog. I am glad that the operation went so well, and that Easter was fun! I miss you guys!