Yesterday Anna got 4 silver crowns and two white ones plus a couple of fillings. They put her out with general anesthesia at the hospital and worked on her for over two hours. She was not too happy when she woke up. At first she just kept tossing and turning which doesn't work too well when they have a pulse taker on your finger, an automatic blood pressure cuff on one arm and an IV in the other. She finally found a comfortable position and slept for almost an hour. She woke up scratching at her IV tape and crying that it itched. The nurse came and said if she could drink a little, we could take it off. So, we tried a little grape juice. I forgot that her whole front lip was numb, so she sucked it up nicely in the straw, and it all came cascading over the useless lower lip. She was surprised, I was surprised, and the nurse said, "I forgot". Thankfully she also said it was good enough and took the IV out and let us go home. Once installed on the couch with a popsicle and Monsters Inc. she was a happy camper. In fact, she eventually ate a whole plate of mac and cheese and an entire cup of yogurt (along with about 5 more popsicles). She looked great this morning, and headed off to preschool. Today is show and tell, and she decided she wanted to show off her new teeth. She said, "won't they all be so surprised when I tell them my show and tell is in my mouth?" I'm just thankful that it is over. I don't ever want to do that again.
3 comments:
I love the dentist when it is a cleaning but not for anything else. Anna is a trooper. Glad she is feeling better. I am sure her classmates were surprised!
That's a lot for such a little girl to have to deal with. I'm glad she came through it okay. Poor Anna!
Hey, I didn't know you had a blog. Now I bet you're thinking, "Shoot! I should have made it private after all..." :)
Post a Comment