The second part of Fawn Hill in the summer time is an outing to Lake Clementine. This is not David's favorite place (come to think of it, most of my siblings spouses are not so fond of the Lake as the rest of us). When I was 9 we bought an old boat, and we spent a lot of our family time at the Lake. We all love to water ski, but for us the Lake was always more than that. We set up camp for the day on the beach, read books, played cards, swam, ate a picnic-
you get the picture. It is pure relaxation
It is also one of the few places where my mother totally relaxes, so I love to see that.
David is a sweet, sweet husband. Water is not his thing, reading is not his thing, bugs and sand are not his thing, but once a year he humors me, because he knows I love it. He is such a great sport. He brings a book, he swims across the lake, he holds the flag when I go water skiing. I love him for doing this with me. He also sees how much Anna loves the Lake.
What child can resist unlimited swimming and playing in the sand/mud? The ride on the boat is pretty exciting as well. If Grandma Ann has her way she'll be teaching her to water ski next year. I would like to add a side note here, that my mother, who is 73, still water skis. She also snow skis, and hikes in the mountains. I hope at 73 that I will be half the woman she is.
you get the picture. It is pure relaxation
It is also one of the few places where my mother totally relaxes, so I love to see that.
David is a sweet, sweet husband. Water is not his thing, reading is not his thing, bugs and sand are not his thing, but once a year he humors me, because he knows I love it. He is such a great sport. He brings a book, he swims across the lake, he holds the flag when I go water skiing. I love him for doing this with me. He also sees how much Anna loves the Lake.
What child can resist unlimited swimming and playing in the sand/mud? The ride on the boat is pretty exciting as well. If Grandma Ann has her way she'll be teaching her to water ski next year. I would like to add a side note here, that my mother, who is 73, still water skis. She also snow skis, and hikes in the mountains. I hope at 73 that I will be half the woman she is.Besides the Lake we got to do a little shopping at IKEA (more to come in a later post), a day trip to Coloma 
- the town where Sutter's Mill was located and gold was first discovered in California
- and a night at the local town fair.
It was a great trip home. Anna loved all the attention from Grandma and Grandpa.
If she had her way we would have spent the whole time swimming. Thanks Mom and Dad for a great time, and for renewing my spirit. There is nothing like going home.

- the town where Sutter's Mill was located and gold was first discovered in California
- and a night at the local town fair.
It was a great trip home. Anna loved all the attention from Grandma and Grandpa.
If she had her way we would have spent the whole time swimming. Thanks Mom and Dad for a great time, and for renewing my spirit. There is nothing like going home.


2 comments:
It looks like lots of fun!
Oh Fawn Hill!! It takes me back to our visit over a year ago. Great pictures!! Way to be a great husband Dave.
Post a Comment