Day 2 on the coast began with sleeping in-one of my favorite things. After getting up slowly and lounging around a bit, Anna, Caden and I went down to the beach to build a sandcastle. I think we did a pretty good job.
Hailey joined us to help finish the moat.
Anna even made her very own sandcastle.
Then it was decided that we would all head into town to the outlet malls and do a little shopping. Anna was ready when the first group headed out, so she went with them, and David and I arrived a little bit later. When we caught up to them Anna was buying a toy in the toy store and had two other bags hanging from her wrist. I asked her who had bought her stuff. She answered proudly, "I did! " I asked, "with what money?" She said very matter-of-factly, "Penny's" (duh, Mom). We went on to buy a whole lot more. It was a very different shopping experience. I feel like my little girl is all grown up. She wanted twinkle toe shoes by Skechers. She settled for pop star shoes, but begged for the pink ones as if her life depended on it. At Old Navy we tried on pants, but she is built a little like her mommy, and the ones that fit her tummy were too long-this was a first for her, but she wasn't bothered at all. After shopping we went to Mo's. It was way yummy and I ate way too much. We got to see cousin Beau blow his own glass float.
Then we came back to our little beach house and we went flying kites.
It was perfect on the beach, so Anna and I just sat in the sand holding on to her kite and watched everyone else play in the waves and bury Whitney in the sand.
David came and joined us with his own chair and a pop.
It was very relaxing. Another great day at the beach house-this is the life.


No comments:
Post a Comment