Monday, August 30, 2010

The First Day of Kindergarten

Can you believe my baby girl is old enough to go off to Kindergarten?  Me neither.  David gave her a blessing last night that was beautiful.  She was excited and a little nervous this morning.  I was feeling the same way until I kissed her goodbye at the door of her classroom and broke down in tears.  I don't think she noticed.  I tried to not let her see that I was crying.  Luckily there was a girl from church that works there and my future  carpool partner to shore me up after she walked into the classroom:)  I went and got a cinnamon roll from the PTO, chatted with my friend, and here I am at home.  I get to pick her up in an hour.  Here she is all dressed up and ready to go.  She insisted on the socks.

5 comments:

Lisa K said...

Anna looks darling and so happy. I remember crying about Alex leaving for kindergarten and now I am crying as he left for his senior year. Treasure every moment Even the sock with sandals ones they go so quickly.
Carter wore navy dress shorts and a green collared shirt to church yesterday with black socks and black dress shoes instead of his church sandals. Made me smile inside.
Enjoy Anna!

::lindsay said...

Anna looks adorable! I love that girl. She's full of spunk!

If it makes you feel any better, I bawled like a baby today when they closed the kindergarten door.

I hope Anna had a fantastic first day!

Ashlee said...

What a big girl!!! I am so excited for her to start such a big adventure:) I am glad that you had a friend there for you after you dropped her off :)

PRP said...

She is the (second) cutest kindergartner I know! We are so excited to get to know her better. Sienna already talks about her non-stop. I'm so excited for the year ahead for the two of them!

Laurie said...

I am not sure I saw the gap where the @$ tooth is missing. She looks like she is ready to conquor the world, well at least Kindergarten.