After Anna got back from her first day of Kindergarten, which she said was awesome, we decided to go swimming at the pool. We were the only ones there since it was like 72 degrees outside. We were playing with the pool noodle, blowing water into each others' faces when she caught her tooth on the noodle and said, "oh!" with a very bewildered look on her face. I saw the gap in her smile and said, "you lost your tooth!" At first, pure joy, followed by complete devastation - "where is it? what will I do? the tooth fairy won't bring me any money!" We both put our goggles on and searched the bottom of the pool, and like two divers searching for the giant pearl, we found it! She ran around the pool yelling, "I'm a big girl! I'm a big Kindergartner!" She wanted to call Daddy right away, and then everyone else she could think of. I was excited for her, but that smile with a gap makes her look suddenly soooooo much older. The tooth fairy did come. Daddy was in charge of notifying the tooth fairy, so she brought Anna two whole dollars! She was very excited. She promptly folded them up and slipped them into the slot of her piggy bank. She really is a big girl now!
Happy New Year - A Quick Update
8 months ago


3 comments:
Hooray!
Hurray for the big girl!
So fun running into you both at the mailbox that day, she's too cute! What a big girl indeed. :D
Post a Comment