Sunday, November 20, 2011

There is a New Baby at Our House!

They called us around 3:30 pm on Thursday the 17th to see if we wanted to take a brand new baby boy to foster.  I said, "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."  as visions of midnight feedings flashed through my mind.  Then I told her I would have to call my husband.  I called David's cell phone and told him, and he said, "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh," while I laughed at our matching responses.  When he got home he asked what I thought, and I told him that it just felt right.  I also felt like I wouldn't have said yes had David not been home the last month, so there are truly blessings in trials that you don't expect to find :)  So, we never expected to have an 18 month old and a newborn, but we have begun the adventure, and so far so good.
Baby H and Baby I's first meeting.  She is trying to give him back his binky.  She is fascinated by him and gives him kisses and soft pats on the head.
Baby H. wanted Daddy to hold her after I gave him Baby I. to hold.
Baby H. wanted to sit in the car carrier and be rocked.
Baby I. is checking Daddy out.  Isn't he cute?
Baby H. really has been happy with Baby I, she just wants Daddy to give her the camera.
Baby I. needed a new jammie in the night and all I had was pink :)  we now have blue jammies thanks to many friends!
Family fun!
Baby I. mostly hangs out in his bouncer.  He is a very mellow baby.  He lets you know if he is hungry, or that he doesn't like that diaper change.  Other wise he is hanging out like this.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

NaDell said...

He is so stinking cute! I hope that he continues to be a happy baby. What a fabulous start to life to get to spend it with your family! =)

Michael said...

Congratulations. That will change your lives for sure. I am happy for you.