So, it has been a week since I last wrote, probably not too good. Every night I think, I have nothing to write, which I'm sure isn't true. Today we went to the mall with Amy and Tracie which was so nice. I really enjoy getting together with them and watching the girls have fun and having some nice adult conversation with good friends. We hadn't gotten together all week, so it was really nice. We spent the afternoon at home. I totally forgot that I was feeding the Elders. I was going to make Shoyu chicken, but it was too late by the time I remembered. They got Ham, Peas and Potatoes. I'm not sure they liked it too much, but they loved the brownies. I really love having the missionaries to dinner. It brings such a good feeling into our home. We haven't done much else this evening. Anna dressed up in her princess dress-ups. She had the full shebang - dress, shoes, crown, wand, and even wings. She made Daddy carry her around so she could fly like a fairy. At first David tried to lift her above his head. She said, "much too high Daddy!" Then when the got to their destination - the front room aka the Ball, she made him dance with her. She flew back to the family room and they danced again, just to show me their moves, especially the twirl. We had some success on the potty front this afternoon. She wore underwear all afternoon without an accident until evening. She never told me she had to go, but she agreed to sit on the potty when I suggested it with emphasis. This is a huge breakthrough for us. If she refuses to sit on the potty, we got nothing. We're progressing. She likes to use the little potty so that she can empty the bowl into the potty. We have to flush the paper first, then wait until the tank has refilled and makes no more noise, then she can dump the pee pee. It makes me soooooo nervous she is going to spill on the floor, but it seems important to her - the control. I want to post pictures, but we lost our camera battery and have not yet received the new one we ordered, so I can't download.
Good Night ~C
Happy New Year - A Quick Update
8 months ago


1 comment:
Hanging out with friends is what keeps me sane on those crazy weeks. That adult interaction is priceless!
Post a Comment