Monday, July 14, 2008

Oregon Zoo

We went to the zoo this last weekend with my sister Cyndi, and my other sister Laurie and her husband and girls, Todd, Michelle and Camille. Cyndi's friend Mark and his daughter Karen joined us later in the day. This is my first attempt at a slide show so I hope it works. Anna and I had looked up the zoo on the internet a couple of days before we went, and we had printed out the map and hung it in her bedroom, so she was really excited about using the map. She was also very goal oriented. She had decided beforehand that she wanted to see the giraffes first and then the elephants. The giraffes were at the lowest part of the zoo, and she would have nothing to do with stopping to look at things on her way there. I seem not to have a picture of the giraffe, so I'll have to get one from Cyndi. We saw all sorts of animals after that, and Anna seemed to really enjoy it. It was really hot, which you can tell by all the pictures of animals lying around. She was a trooper. She collapsed in the stroller a couple of hours in, but after a GIANT chocolate ice cream cone she definitely got her second wind. After the zoo we all went out to dinner. David Anna and I went back to Cyndi's hotel to spend the night before heading home. We took a quick swim in the pool, and then crashed. Thanks Aunt Cyndi, great idea!
~C

2 comments:

klonghall said...

My kids have been pestering me to take them to the zoo. We have annual passes, but it's been too hot for me to want to go. I guess I need to just suck it up and go first thing one morning.

All of your big, floppy hats are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Cathy,
I'm having such a good time reading your blog!!! We are still crying about not being able to visit you in June. A very sad day in my life! Let's talk soon! Love, Dawnmarie