Friday, December 26, 2008

A Little About Christmas

We have been in Idaho since Saturday night, but I thought I would post a little so the post would not be so long when I get home. It is cold and snowy here. When we drove into town on Saturday night the car thermometer read -3 F. It has warmed up since then, and added snow to the already considerable snow layer. On the way to church Sunday morning (we walked because it is only a half a block) Anna said, it is like the North Pole here! She said it with great enthusiasm and excitement. Like most kids she is so excited to see all this snow. She has loved playing in the snow with her cousins, daddy and Aunt Penny. There is a perfect sledding hill right in Grandma Linda's backyard. She loves coming down that hill on a tube sled. Of course, the best thing here in Idaho are all the cousins. She loves playing with the cousins, and I love watching it, because it reminds me of my own childhood, and running around Grandma Toomer's house and yard with a whole gang of cousins. We had a wonderful Christmas day. Santa came, and David even stayed up to snap some pictures of Santa leaving presents for the kids and a candy cane on their pillow. I'm ready for bed, so I'll have to write more later.
~C

3 comments:

klonghall said...

'Glad you had a fun Christmas. A brood of cousins just let my house. We're cleaning up the tornado they left, right now. :-) My kids would love some snow to play in. We're wearing short sleeves here. I need to update my blog. Maybe I'll recover from all the Christmas fun by the end of the weekend, and have some thoughts to write by then.

Alex, JJ, Zac...The Lorenzen's said...

Merry Christmas, I love hearing about life on blogs...it makes me feel like I am there. :)

Ashlee said...

So fun! That Anna is one lucky girl. Glad that you had fun. Oh BTW I loved David's Snowman and Nativity hangings. That is awesome!