Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Good Bye Baby H.

Baby H. went home to her mommy last night. This is the last picture we took of her last night.  Hasn't she gotten so big?   I had called the social worker to see when she was going to come pick up Baby on Wed. morning.  The social worker asked if I would be willing to take Baby home to her mommy that night.  I said yes.  Mostly because yes is my default, but also because I wanted to see where she would be.  We all drove over to her house.  It was a nice place, well kept.  The mom came out while I was taking Baby out of her car seat.  The mom was so excited, and very kind and appreciative towards us.  She thanked me numerous times.  Her grandma and great-grandma also came out and chatted with me and thanked us.  They said the whole family was gathered inside to welcome the baby home.  I gave her a kiss and hugged the mom.  We chatted about Baby and said good bye.  As we drove away I told David what a blessing it was that we got to drop her off.  I feel soooooooooo much better having seen where she will be and that there was loving family around who seemed put together enough to be a support.  We miss her, but I'm at peace.  Last night it was Anna's turn to say the prayer, and I reminded her to pray for Baby H. and her mommy.  Anna said, "you mean so her mommy won't get sick again?"  (This is how Anna interprets it when I say that the mommy needs to get better while we are watching the baby).  I said yes.  So Anna prayed, "please bless Baby that she will be okay, and her mommy so that she won't ever get a cold ever again."  I think God got the point.  It has been a very good experience for our first foster placement, and we all agree that we will try it again after our summer trips.  Thanks to all our family, friends, and ward family for all your support and love.

3 comments:

Julie said...

she has gotten big. It is so nice to know that she went back to a good home. She was lucky to have you in the meantime.

Matt and Beth said...

You guys are angels. Heavenly Father really blessed you guys and baby H.. You are wonderful!

Ashlee said...

I hope that she doesn't get a "cold" ever again too! That is neat that you were able to take her back and put your mind at ease. Have fun this summer!