She has been so funny lately. Today she was playing Princess with me. She was the Princess all morning (I am always the Prince). We had set up a bed on the floor of the slide room for Laurie and Todd, who weren't able to come. She called to me from her slide room and said, "Mom, you say, 'where is my Princess?' then you come and kiss me on the lips." This was a new one, so I went to investigate. She had laid herself out on the bed a lá Snow White/Sleeping Beauty including a pretty little blanket drawn over herself up to the armpits.
I asked her why I needed to kiss her. She looked at me like I was as dumb as a rock and said, "Mom, that is how you wake up a Princess!" She is a little too indoctrinated in the Princess myth. She told me the other day that you go to the ball, meet the Prince, get married and live happily ever after. I tried to tell her that you can be happy even if it doesn't work out that way. She told me, "that's when you are sad mom, when you lost your Prince." Heaven help us!Good Night,
~C
P.S. the answer to the previous post's title, is Delta Dawn


4 comments:
We died laughing over this post. What a funny kid. Hopefully we can play with ya'll next summer at the reunion.
Remember me? What was it the BYU 31st ward? You were such a great example and friend to me. I found your blog through JJ (bless that girl!) and just HAD to see what you were up to. Apparently, you are in pretty much the same place as me...relegated to the role of "prince" and the official princess helper, "Mommy, can you help me put on my princess dress?"...AGAIN!
My oldest also believes firmly in the princess myth, but I don't have the heart yet to tell her that things may not work out as easily as they did for Cinderella. I mean, seriously, all she had to do was get dressed up and attend a ball. If I had known that was all there was to it, I would've done that 14 years before I met my husband :)
Love and miss you! - Kim B. (now Kim F.)
Kim B! I totally remember you! RS Presidents together. I totally remember driving up to campus with you one day and discussing how we intimidate men because we were such smart, put together women! It's so good to hear from you.
~C
ROFL (I'm told this means rolling on the floor laughing!) We are having our own potty-training issues here with my two youngest and I'll have to remember the whole pee pees talking and needing to be with their friend poo poo. My kids will love it! (and I think it is the funny mom who need kudos here for creativity!)
Post a Comment