Do you recognize the lyric? Today is my 41st birthday. It has been a very nice day. In the morning Anna and I came downstairs and found a present with two cards that she helped me unwrap. It was the new set of everyday silverware that I've been wanting. Anna and I kind of puttered and relaxed all day. David came home and I went to class. Nobody in class knew it was my birthday. I was just wrapping up class with the story of being stuck on the bridge between Paraguay and Brazil when I heard a child's voice in the hallway and knew that it was Anna. I am such an non suspicious person, because I immediately thought that something must be wrong and that he hadn't been able to get a hold of me. I opened the door and David was standing there with a birthday cake, ballons, candles, ice cream etc. Anna came running into the class and said, "I brought you guys some cake and ice cream!" So he really got me good. We dished up to everyone and Anna passed it out, which she loved. When we got home, there was another present and two more cards. He gave me a gift certificate for a pedicure and a bunch of my favorite chocolates and cookies. I'm truly spoiled.
~C
Happy New Year - A Quick Update
8 months ago


2 comments:
Awesome birthday! I thought about you while I sat on the beach on Monday. We have poor cell phone signal, or I would have called. I'll call you next week when I'm home. 'Glad you had a great day.
I'm so glad you married a man who deserves you! What a great birthday surprise. I didn't know June 2nd was your birthday, but now I'll remember because Zach, my oldest was born on June 1st. From now on, we'll just keep partying one more day each year in your honor.
Post a Comment