Pre-school orientation was tonight, and I think I had more fun than Anna:). All the kids went to the classroom and played with the toys while the two teachers did orientation for all us parents. I am so excited for her to experience school. They talked about Show and Tell, book orders, snack time, birthday celebrations, field trips, programs, etc. I guess I didn't realize how much I really loved school, I can especially remember Kindergarten and how much I loved it all. She had fun playing with the toys, and met both the teachers, but I don't think she really understands what it will be like. I'll let y'all know how it goes,
~C
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Welcome to the "other side" of school--being the parent! I get far too excited over school things. I love the smell of new crayons and the fresh points on newly sharpened pencils. We moved Abby to a different preschool this year, and she is so happy there. She only has 8 kids in her class and 2 teachers! My favorite part so far: She has a standing show and tell day on Friday. (All the kids have an assigned day!) Isn't that so fun?! Her birthday is Friday, so that means BIRTHDAY TREATS! I never send cupcakes, though. Teachers HATE them. Most kids just make a mess with the frosting and don't eat them. My kids are thrilled with doughnuts, brownies or cookies, instead. In fact, I think doughnuts might be their favorite. Abby just wanted plain, grocery-store-bought powdered doughnuts last year. Super easy, and the kids in her class LOVED them.
Have fun! Just wait until she's in Elementary School. I still get excited everytime I walk through those front doors. I feel like I'm home. Weird. I'm such a teacher-nerd. That explains my willingness to be the PTA co-president this year.
I'm sure she'll love pre-school! My favorite thing about school is buying school supplies. I buy them for me and then I have to try to explain to Eli, my three year-old that, "Those are Mommy's markers, you get the old, battered crayons." Somehow, it doesn't go over big with him.
Post a Comment