It is so much fun. I know that plenty of you out there have a much fancier version, but I got the idea from a woman in my ward that I visited. She told me how she used hers to workout and how convenient it was because it was so small and just clipped right on to her shirt. So, I was browsing on e-bay one day (always a VERY dangerous thing to do:), and I saw it and bid and won! I started working out on Tuesday during pre-school. I told a friend that thinking about what to do with my free 5 hours a week while she is in pre-school is like being a kid (or, frankly, an adult) and planning how to spend your birthday money. Within a very short time I have spent the money in my head about 50 different ways. I had done the same with that pre-school time-I had thought of a thousand different things I could, should, or wanted to do, but I finally settled on working out and nothing else. Well, I do Relief Society calls on the way to or from. So far (two whole days) it has been great. You know that feeling when you finally get yourself moving again, and how good it can feel? That is what it felt like, and the music, the music was soooooo fun. I could watch the TV's with their subtitles, and listen to my music. It really helped me to get moving and keep going. My workout anthem is now Fat Bottom Girls by Queen. It is not a very nice song as far as moral values go, but it really gets ya moving, and makes me think, this fat bottom girl can move, and proud of it! Now that I've shared that with all of you out there in cyberspace, I have a favor. I need more workout songs. I have never been much of a music person, so I don't know names of songs or artists. If you have a favorite song that really makes you move, let me know what it's called. I'd really appreciate it!~C


2 comments:
I swear that the only reason I stuck with the gym is my MP3 player. (Mine is not a real IPOD, but works just the same.) I play games with myself on that elliptical machine. I pedal to the beat of different songs. I posted a list of my favorite summer songs on my blog a few weeks ago. They are all on my workout playlist.
We are also really into ABBA songs right now. I have my mom's old ABBA Gold CD with all their Greatest Hits. Mamma Mia, Super Trouper, Dancing Queen... all good at the gym.
Another good one to get you moving, "Accidentally in Love" by the Counting Crows. It's on the Shrek 2 soundtrack.
"1983" by John Mayer is on the Serendipity soundtrack. I like his sound--soothing in the middle of a workout.
I ususally have some Simon & Garfunkel, too, and old Elton John. "Philadelphia Freedom" has a good beat.
I went through a Brad Paisley phase, too. His music keeps me moving. My sis-in-law believes that Rascal Flatts makes everything better.
The IPOD will make any trip to the grocery store or Walmart better, if you are there by yourself. Just plug yourself in and ignore the nonsense around you. (Or, maybe that's just in the Walmarts around me???)
Have fun! Those preschool hours are precious. I like the comparison to birthday money. So true!
Way to go Cathy! Keep moving! Some of my favorite songs for working out are from a strange source: Ricky Martin. Years ago I had a weight lifting class and we did a squat routine to The Cup of LIfe and a chest press routine to Maria. They both have an awesome beat!
Post a Comment