Today was a big day! It finally came, the first day of school. When we went to bed last night I told her we needed to go to sleep early because I would need to wake her up early in the morning. Then, in the morning she woke me up at 7, and said, "see Mom, I woke up all on my own in the morning time." I told her to climb into bed with me and give me a hug, after which she promptly fell back to sleep:) I woke her up at 8am and told her it was time to go to school, she said, "I've got to get ready and say goodbye to Ellie (the dog) and Daddy. She got all dressed, and then I tried to feed her a bowl of cheerios. She ate a couple of bites and told me that she was done and had all the energy she needs (I've been telling her that she needs to eat good foods for her at mealtime so that she can have energy). I made her eat a couple more bites, we took the obligatory pictures


and then we headed off for pre-school. She had said that she would miss me a couple of times, so I was a little concerned,
but when we got there she turned to me and said, "you can say goodbye now, Mom." So I made sure they didn't need me for anything, kissed her goodbye, and off I went. She was playing play-doh at a table and never looked back. When I picked her up she showed me her construction paper cookie (they had read, When You Give a Mouse a Cookie), and told me about how much fun she had. And so it begins:)
~C
2 comments:
Abby is loving preschool, too, this year. Here's a good one: Donnie took her for the first time last Wed. morning. When they pulled into the church parking lot, Abby told him, "This is not my school." He didn't believe her, and got into the carpool line. She kept insisting that he had made a mistake. He finally called me. There are two churches on this particular road. I asked if he was at the first one or second? Yep, he was in the wrong place. He couldn't get out of the carpool line, so he had to roll down his window at the front of the line, and tell a lady, "I'm at the wrong school." He says she cracked up! He left that parking lot, drove another mile or so down the road, and found her correct school. I'm just glad it was at drop off and not pick up, and she was there to set him straight. Obviously, we had a communication gap somewhere.
She is precious! And I love how her backpack is bigger than she is!
Post a Comment