The last week before school starts here is always the Benton-Franklin County Fair.
It is a nice little fair with plenty of good greasy fair food, lots of 4-H animals, display halls, a petting barn, rides, carnival games, face painting, pony rides, etc. David and I both love the fair and have been going for many years. We have taken Anna every year since she was born. The first year she mostly liked looking at the 4-H animals
and sleeping.
The second year we spent a lot of time at the petting zoo.
We tried her first pony ride. She was so excited until that pony moved beneath her and she freaked out!
She finished the pony ride in Daddy's arms as they walked next to the pony.
Her third year we looked at the animals,
rode the pony without tears,
did a little face painting on her arm,
and chowed on some fair corn.
But most importantly- she rode the kiddie rides, and wanted more, more, more, more.
Daddy even took her on the ferris wheel while Mommy looked on terrified. I have to confess that I even yelled repeatedly from the ground, "are you holding on to her?! Don't let her fall!"
She loved it and Daddy thought it was very funny.
It is a nice little fair with plenty of good greasy fair food, lots of 4-H animals, display halls, a petting barn, rides, carnival games, face painting, pony rides, etc. David and I both love the fair and have been going for many years. We have taken Anna every year since she was born. The first year she mostly liked looking at the 4-H animals
and sleeping.
The second year we spent a lot of time at the petting zoo.
We tried her first pony ride. She was so excited until that pony moved beneath her and she freaked out!
She finished the pony ride in Daddy's arms as they walked next to the pony.
Her third year we looked at the animals,
rode the pony without tears,
did a little face painting on her arm,
and chowed on some fair corn.
But most importantly- she rode the kiddie rides, and wanted more, more, more, more.
Daddy even took her on the ferris wheel while Mommy looked on terrified. I have to confess that I even yelled repeatedly from the ground, "are you holding on to her?! Don't let her fall!"
She loved it and Daddy thought it was very funny.This year we knew the rides would be big so we invited a friend of hers to come with us which worked out great! They rode every ride, and lots of them twice. 
I had to bribe her to look at some animals, and after a couple of sheep and pigs we were right back to the rides.
She rode the pony like a rodeo queen,
got her face painted,
and even played a few carnival games herself.
Someday she might take after her father who has a particular talent, especially in the impossible basketball toss.
I can't even tell you the number of enormous stuffed animals we have and have given away. It does make you kind of a celebrity when you're walking around the Fair with a dog the size of Clifford or a basketball the size of your three year old.
There's nothing like going to the Fair.

I had to bribe her to look at some animals, and after a couple of sheep and pigs we were right back to the rides.She rode the pony like a rodeo queen,
got her face painted,
and even played a few carnival games herself.
Someday she might take after her father who has a particular talent, especially in the impossible basketball toss.
I can't even tell you the number of enormous stuffed animals we have and have given away. It does make you kind of a celebrity when you're walking around the Fair with a dog the size of Clifford or a basketball the size of your three year old.
There's nothing like going to the Fair.~C


1 comment:
Can we borrow David to come here to our County Fair next week? My boys would LOVE to actually win something. They never do, so I won't let them spend money on those games anymore.
Cute post. I love the pix from each year.
Post a Comment