Saturday, July 18, 2009

June 2009 Mother - Daughter Retreat

This year our Relief Society thought the girls deserved a weekend away. Our ward went up to Camp Zarahemla from Friday to Saturday. I had sooooo much fun, and Anna loved playing with all those girls in the big lodge.

We went canoeing on the lake with Anna's new friend Madison. They were awesome. I told them the most important part of riding in a canoe was to sit still! They each sang me a song of their own composing. We went all the way to the middle of the lake, and when we turned for home the wind came up against us. I thought that we might not make it since I was paddling with all my strength without going anywhere. We finally made some headway and got back safely. I definitely had to take some Advil before bed, but totally worth the moment on the lake:)Anna and I did a little nature scavenger hunt and made nature bracelets from our found treasures. Anna painted rocks (as well as herself) and made a cereal necklace. We did a little mother/daughter makeover. Anna might be better at it than I am! We also had a pajama fashion show which was a big hit with the younger crowd. I was the MC, so I don't have any pictures. After the fashion show we had a great fireside inside the lodge (it had rained a little). Anna helped me teach everyone the Button Factory Song, and Baby Shark. That girl does love being on the stage. Thanks to Sister Pierce et. al. we played all sorts of wild and crazy games (Big Booty, and Ahhhh! to name a few) late into the night.

I love being up in the mountains! It brought back a lot of wonderful memories from girls camp. I really feel like I can leave all my worries and concerns at home while I'm there. I had so much fun getting to know people better, and Anna and I had a great Mother/Daughter weekend.

No comments: