Tonight was our ward trunk or treat, and David had to take Anna by himself. I teach my class Mon/Wed from 6-8:10pm, so I missed the whole thing. I love trunk or treat, so I was really bummed. Anna and Daddy had a great time. Anna made a beautiful Cinderella. They had a cake walk, but Anna thought it was hopscotch. She was jumping from square to square when they called the number she was on, and told her she won a cupcake. She thought that was an impressive way to play hopscotch! Towards the end of the night Anna told Daddy that she had to go potty, so he took her inside and headed for the men's room, but Anna was having none of that. She told Daddy, no she had to go in the girls bathroom, and he had to come with her. So, David pushes open the door and hollers in, "anyone here? Anna has to go potty, and I'm coming with her!" No one was there so he rushed in, helped her with her tights and holding up the cinderella dress. He's sweating bullets worrying that someone is going to come in the door. She finishes up, and he helps put her back together. She turns to flush the toilet and her Cinderella crown falls right off her head straight into the pee pee toilet! Super Daddy (who is completely grossed out by bodily fluids) fishes out the crown and runs to the sink. He is trying to wash it as thouroughly as he can, but he is terrified he will be caught in the women's bathroom. He lathered it up with soap, rinsed it off, wrapped it in paper towels, and said, "Come on Anna, we gotta get outta here!" He made it out without detection, and the crown looks fine. I promised him I would soak it here at home. He had me laughing hard when he was telling me this story. I'll try and add some pictures tomorrow.
~C
Happy New Year - A Quick Update
8 months ago


2 comments:
I was laughing so hard...I totally could see David. Great job DAD.
Hee, hee! What a great story! I could see him sweating in my mind's eye. That's a story to tell at her wedding luncheon! Hooray for Daddys!
Post a Comment