Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Snow!

Saturday night I was getting ready to go deliver some cookies and David was writing out a shopping list. I decided to go first. I slowly backed the car out of the garage and heard the sound of rain hitting the car roof, but it wasn't just rain, it was freezing rain. I pulled back in and we stayed for the evening. We kept peeking out the front door to watch the ice accumulate. I'd say we had at least a half inch layer coating everything. We debated whether it would melt in the morning, and which meetings might get canceled. When I woke up at 8:30 I looked out the window to see a winter wonderland. There was a nice blanket of snow, and it was coming down. It snowed ALL day long. 8 inches total by the end of the day. It finally stopped around 9pm. To say the least church was canceled. We stayed in our pj's most of the day. I tried to get some odd little things done. We finally went for a walk in the afternoon. Anna was so excited to play in it. It was too powdery to make a snowman or even a snowball, and we don't own a sled, so she kicked it and dug in it. We stopped to help some neighbors who were trying to scrape the ice off their cars for the morning. Anna played with their kids and loved it. She didn't want to go in. David had the camera in his hand and he tripped on the curb that he couldn't see. When we got home he realized the battery had fallen out of the camera. He went back, but couldn't find it. I thought we had an extra battery, but we don't. That is why I haven't posted any pics of the birthday, Christmas, or the snow.

Yesterday David found Anna holding one of her dollies in the water in the toilet. He asked her what she was doing and why. She responded that dolly wanted to go swimming. We discussed how nothing swims in the potty besides poop and pee pee. She solemnly agreed not to put anything in the potty again. Now, if I could only get her to deposit the allowed items in the potty!
Good Night ~C

No comments: