Monday, January 28, 2008

Too Long

It has been way too long since I wrote. The other day I checked my cousin Jennifer's blog, and it was so fun to see her family photo etc. Then I read a couple of other blogs that she had links to. I found out Richard and Julie are having a girl, and I got to laugh really hard at a story by Kelli Lake about her twin boys. Anyway, it inspired me to write again. I don't have much to say. Oh, I guess I should tell you about Anna's birthday party. I can't post any pictures-it's a long story, but our camera is short one battery and doesn't function so well without it. Anyway, last Saturday we had Anna's first "friend" birthday party. It was soooo fun. She really loved it. After it was over she would show me a present she got and I say, "I got this at my first birthday party ever!" I guess all those others didn't count. We had five little girls. Anna Winkelman (aka Big Anna), Morgan Schell, Morgan Hansen (Hilary's niece), Brooklyn Hansen (no relation), and Sierra Davis. We watched the Dora video that David had ordered that had Anna in it. She liked it, but her friends were really amazed. Morgan Schell kept asking, "how did Anna get in that show?" She finally decided that Anna jumped in. Then we played pin the tail on swiper. All of them pulled the blindfold up before trying to put the tail on. They could not figure out that blindfold. We did presents and cake and ice cream. I think the candles were her favorite. Then we beaded necklaces with pony beads and that was it. The girls played when they were done with the necklaces. Everybody seemed to have fun and their were no major meltdowns. Anna had almost as much fun decorating for the party. She helped me set the table, put up the streamers, prepare the beads for the necklace. It was fun to see how old she is getting.
Highlights for my next post: 8 inches of snow in one day, a swim outing for dolly
Good Night ~C

No comments: