Happy Mother's Day!
In honor of my mother and grandmothers, here are some famous quotes:
My Mother - Shirley Ann
~quick as a bunny
~I'm not just whistling Dixie
~Let us oft speak kind words to each other
~life is not fair
~thongs (meaning flip flops) are perfectly acceptable attire to wear to church
My Maternal Grandmother - Eva V.
~We'll just eat this snickers to tide us over till dinner so we can stay on our diet (for exact quote contact my sister Laurie)
~you need a little Ozenol on that
~you need something to eat, don't you want something to eat?
~here is some money(gum, Macintosh, candy, ice cream) you need it.
~I love you so much
My Paternal Grandmother - Dorothy Elizabeth
~I have one regret in life, I wish I had worn all solids to show off my jewelry better
~when in doubt add a piece of jewelry
~girls, what happened in there? (ask Cyndi for chicken barley soup story)
~now use the wooden spoon three drawers down on the left, the one with the long handle
~This plate goes to Cynthia, write her name on the back of it.
~I'm very proud of you.
Most of these quotes are the funny things that I remember about my childhood and my grandmothers. On a more serious note. These women made me who I am today. They are three of the strongest women that I know. They left me a heritage that I hope to pass on to my daughter. I hope that I live to be at least half the women that they are and were. I miss my grandmothers very much. I told Anna stories about them the other night and told her that they both died many years before she was born. I told her about how she must have known them before she came to live with us and how much they love us both. Happy Mothers Day and thank you,
Love,
~C
Happy New Year - A Quick Update
8 months ago


2 comments:
Great post idea! I think my mother and grandmother were made from the same cloth as yours! What will our kids write about us?
I LOVE your post you speak volumns on all the women; your mother and our grandmother but also I knew your grandmother on the other side and she was just as wonderful. Thank you for sharing. Love Fer
Post a Comment