Since Sunday I feel like my brain is leaking like a sieve. I can't keep track of what day it is and R.S. concerns are swirling in the whirlpool that is my brain these days. Mary, the outgoing R.S. Pres. Has called me twice with thoughts, info, etc. She said it feels like she is pouring all the concerns and burdens out of her head and into mine. She said, "wow! I didn't realize this would feel so good." I pointed out that it did not feel that great on this end. I'm feeling weighed down. I keep thinking, the bishop has made a mistake. He meant to call someone much more spiritual/strong/outgoing/righteous than myself. I'm going to try and go to the temple tomorrow to attempt to become a little more of some of those things. My good friend Kim Longnecker Hall sent me a talk by E. Eyring that talked about doing your calling even when your life seems too crazy or stressful or whatever. God will bless you for your service and sacrifice. It was very good, very needed. Thanks Kim. See, God is blessing me already.
I finished my class grading this afternoon. Anna was pretty tired of me and my papers and watching shows. I finally told her, "Mommy just has to finish these number and then she can play with you." Anna said with great surprise and excitement, "you want to play with me?" I'm hoping to do better, so that it will be a common occurrence instead of such a surprise to her.
I'm tired, Good Night ~C
Happy New Year - A Quick Update
8 months ago


2 comments:
My good friend Crystal was released from the RS Presidency a few months ago. She often talked about being weighed down because she knew too much about people. Last week at Enrichment, we saw another Sister in the hall crying while talking to someone. On the way out the door, Crystal said, "If I were still in RS, then I would have to know why she was crying. But,now, I don't have any idea. That kind of feels good."
I'm glad you found Elder Eyring's talk helpful. It hit me like a ton of bricks back in October. It's hard to put into words how why it was so profound to me.
I hope you found peace in the temple. Call me one of these days--even if it seems like a bad time.
Love you!
Kim
Kim, thanks so much. I appreciate your support. I really miss you. Like I wrote in my blog tonight, I'm doing a lot better. Are you feeling at loose ends without any responsibility? Thanks for Harry's address. Sounds like he is happy. Maybe with happiness, he will come back around to the church. ttyl, ~C
Post a Comment