Today is Thursday. I'm not getting much better at remembering what day it is, but I am feeling much better. Yesterday morning I finally made it to the temple for a session. I was feeling like I really needed to go and get all my thoughts sorted out, and feel my own confirmation about this calling, but I was having trouble pulling it together. I finally finished grading my class on Tuesday afternoon which freed up Wednesday a.m. for me. My wonderful friend Amy said she could take Anna for the whole morning. Thank you Amy! I thought I wasn't going to make it in time for the session, but I did. It was wonderful. I could finally leave all my other cares behind and focus and feel the spirit. I felt right away that I had made the right choices for my counselors, which I really needed to know. The rest of the time my mind went through each concern and thought that I had, not like the whirlpool I had been feeling, but more like following an outline. I barely noticed what was going on in the session. I did a lot of bargaining with God. I really feel like I am not prepared, and that I should have been. So, God gets me how I am (which I guess he is already aware of and he will take me anyway:) I have been much more at peace since then. I have met with my secretary and the bishop called to say that my two counselors accepted, so we're ready to go!
Today Anna and I babysat our friends' two kids (the mom miscarried twins - I think at about 9 weeks). Josi is a little more than 2 and JJ is a little less than 1 I think. So we had a 3, a 2, and a 1 year old. I also met with my secretary and with the new primary president (which is my good friend Hilary, yeah!) So, it was kind of a crazy day. Anna wasn't sure what to make of having more kids around. Josi is not old enough to join in Anna's make-believe games and she was very disappointed, especially when Josi wanted her dolly or Fiona bell. It was good for her. By the end of the day they had learned to play together. Anna also decided it was fun to boss someone else around.
The other day I realized that I haven't prepared Anna for the transition to Sunbeams at all. She will be the youngest sunbeam in her class, and I'm afraid it will be quite a shock. So I told her that she was getting to be such a big girl that soon she would not go to Nursery, but that she would be a Sunbeam, and wouldn't that be exciting? She made her best serious face and said, "Momma, I am not a bean!" I hope it goes OK. I won't be there to watch it like I thought I would be:( I'll have to ask Hilary how it is going.
Good Night ~C
Happy New Year - A Quick Update
8 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment