Sunday, December 2, 2007

Changes

Today was the big day. Turned out that our ward was only slightly realigned. We lost about a dozen families. It did include our E.Q. President and the H.P. Group Leader. We lost our primary secretary, but otherwise our presidency goes forward. We've got a lot of work to do before the end of the year. The biggest change is that they are moving us to the stake center where we will be the fourth ward now attending that building. Unfortunately we drew the short straw and will be going to church at 2:30 pm. That really stinks. David and I did that in Kennewick for a year. It was tough. But, like I told David, there's no point in sulking or whining because we will do what is asked of us. I'm just so excited to go forward and not have these changes hanging over our head. I'm also very happy that our book club remains intact:) I have been reading Pride and Prejudice for this month. Funny book. I can't remember if I've ever read it. I think so, once a long time ago.

We finally finished the Christmas tree this afternoon. It looks great. Anna had fun with the first dozen ornaments that I let her hang up. After that her interest began to wane. She loved the strings of red beads that I sometimes use. She played with those all night long. To say the least, they did not go on the tree this year. I love how there are spots on the tree low down where a whole bunch of ornaments are clustered. David gave her the dozen candy canes that were in the box and she hung them all in a row on the same branch. I need to take a picture of it. I've got a couple more things to hang up on the walls, but we are essentially there. Thank goodness. This week is my last week of class. Test on Monday, Final on Wednesday, then grade, grade, grade. I will really be able to enjoy the season after grades are turned in next week.

Good Night ~C

1 comment:

klonghall said...

We put up our tree tonight, too. We haven't found the box with the ornaments, yet. That tells you how organized my basement is.
:-(

I can't imagine having church that late. We have 9-12 every year because we share the building with the singles' ward (who prefer afternoon) and the Spanish Branch, who also don't want to go any earlier than they have to. It works well for us.

I was released on Sunday after serving for 3 years as Primary President. I already feel "lighter." I can enjoy this month for the first time since 2003. It is the busiest time of year for a Primary Presidency. My advice--try to get the class lists, teachers, room assignments, bulletin board, schedule, etc., etc. done as early as you can. Although, the week after Christmas works, too. That's usually when we did most of that.