Monday, December 17, 2007

Crazy Busy

Cyndi pointed out that it has been awhile since I blogged. I have been so tired at the end of each day. I also have been doing a lot of RS things on the computer after bedtime. After I send out 5 e-mails, I don't feel much like writing anything else.

We have been busy so far. I have one sister in the hospital, one baby in the hospital and another sister delivering at this moment. That's a lot of meals:) It's all good. Everyone has been so helpful. I really hope to involve Visiting Teachers a lot. I had a hard time leaving Primary on Sunday. I didn't realize how attached I've become to those kids. As I walked away from Primary, through the church halls and into Relief Society I felt like I had left one planet and landed on another. It was so quiet, everyone sang so beautifully etc. I thought to myself, I'm with the grown ups now. I also thought, I'm in charge of all the grown-up problems-yikes. I'm really going to grow. I met with my presidency and they are going to be awesome. I feel so good about it. They are already on the ball accomplishing the things that need to get done.

Anna is not feeling too hot and is not fond of me being on the computer/phone more than usual. I'm going to need to find specific times (like post bedtime) and focus myself. She has been enjoying Christmas so much. She has all sorts of stories about Baby Jesus, Rudolph and Santa going on all the time. She also likes to play school a lot lately. She has sat on Santa's lap three times now. She is not afraid, but does get a little shy and quiet. She tells him the same thing every time. She wants presents and a toy for Christmas. We exchanged presents with our good friends Amy, Morgan, Big Anna, Mia, and Tracie. Anna really had fun with it. She even helped me wrap the presents this morning.

We have so much going on tomorrow. Visit Teach, Dr. appt., pick up the meat, submit the copy orders for 102, make stew and jello for the Foster's, deliver dinner, go to book club. Whew, I'm tired just thinking about it.

Good Night ~C

5 comments:

klonghall said...

You already sound like a RS President. I spent many, many late nights on the computer doing Primary stuff. It was the only time I could think. Good luck on your busy day. Take along a few Diet Cokes to get through. :-)

Bridger has his 5th grade play today. He's been up since 6 AM. (Ususally, I'm dragging him out of bed at 7:30.) He's so excited. It's fun to see him like this. He loves being able to entertain anyone. That boy was born to be on the stage. It's nice to have a morning that doesn't require my fighting with him about getting ready for school. Maybe it's an omen for a good day.

Aunt Cyndi's Blog said...

Darling Cathy....you don't make the meals....you have your compasionate service leader call and get someone to make and deliver a meal. There are many things that only you can do....do those things. There are things that anyone can do...like make a meal. Don't do those things. When I was first in Spanish Fork, I had to convice the sisters to call me and ask me to do meals. They thoguht I would not be interested? too busy? Whatever. There are sisters in your ward who are happy to do meals - they just need to be asked (by the VT or the Compasionate Service Leader). You need to NOT be donig things like this. Think of it this way - it is not fair to the women who need the blessings of service. You will get lots of blessings...so it is not fair of you to make meals too.

Aunt Cyndi's Blog said...

Oh - and if your Compasionate Service leader is not around - then the sister's VT does it - or a counselor calls. etc. This is definately a delegation issue.

Cathy said...

Kim, I totally remember being in your apartment in Atlanta watching Bridger do a pirate dance. He must have been three or four. All he had on was his underwear and a pirate sword stuck in the underwear. It might have been Peter Pan. Either way, very, very entertaining. Sounds like he still likes to do that. Hopefully he had a more elaborate costume:) ~C

Cathy said...

Cyndi, thanks for your help. You were very right about this. It stressed me out yesterday, and there wasn't any need for me to do it. The VT took care of the other 5 days of meals, she could have found one more day easily. This is why you are my sister. Love you, ~C