Today was our first Sunday in the new building at 2:30pm. I went to PEC for the Primary president who had to be somewhere this a.m. Then we had a wild and crazy primary trying to get everyone to the right place with the right teacher. We had 5 new Jr. primary, 2 Sr. primary and 3 new nursery children (who will be sunbeams in 3 more weeks). It was crazy, but fun. After church I saw David passing in the hallway, but I had to check rooms and talk to nursery people etc. Finally I caught up with David and Anna. David said the bishop wanted to talk with us and teased me that I was going to be the new primary president. I thought it could be that (our current president is putting in papers for a mission with her husband), or more likely that it was a calling for him.
First the Bishop said they were reorganizing the primary presidency and that I would be released. Then he said they wanted me to be the new Relief Society President. After a moment of stunned silence I busted out laughing. David was already laughing his head off. I don't know what the bishop thought of the reaction. He paused and said "no, really," and I thought for a moment he had been kidding and I laughed again. But, he followed it up with, "we feel really good about this." I could not think or feel anything except humor. About a half hour after we got home I started to feel scared, very scared. Now my mind is just whirling with what I need to do. I honestly think I've never been more surprised in my whole life. Anyone reading this, pray for me, because I'm going to need it.
On the top of Anna's little people stable there is a button that plays Away in a Manger. Tonight she pushed it and sang, "Welcome to the baby Jesus. He was born in a stable with his Mommy and Daddy. He loves us so much. Welcome Baby Jesus" I think it's going to be the next big Christmas hit. Did I mention that she plays with all the figures plus has added a brass bell that is in the shape of a girl with a hoop dress on. She calls the girl Piona - she means Fiona from Shrek. She also adds the Mary and Joseph from a simple wood cut out that my dad made. Sometimes they are Mary and Joseph, a lot of times they are Fiona's Father and Mother. It is an interesting addition to the Holy Family and the Christmas story.
We're hanging in here.
Good Night ~C
Happy New Year - A Quick Update
8 months ago


1 comment:
Yikes! I can't say I envy you there! I'm enjoying the fact that I was released 2 weeks ago and have yet to get a new calling. (Bishop told me they are working on something. I know it won't be RS president, though! I think I'd pass out, too, for that one!) I found good comfort in Elder Eyring's talk from April conference. I read it about a month or so ago. Parts of it really hit me and helped me understand why I needed to be the Primary President during the past 3 years. I wrote a good blog post on our Longnecker family blog. I'll cut and paste it in an email.
Good luck! My best advice, get the best counselors that they will give you! Nothing beats a great counselor when serving as a president.
Love you!
Kim
Post a Comment