I feel like my life right now is a checklist. Primary Program, check. Test for Spanish class, check. Tomorrow is my mammogram and thyroid ultrasound. Wednesday I V.T. in the morning and then Halloween. Thursday I babysit for a friend. Friday Anna goes to Brooklyn's for a playdate. These are not bad things-I'm just feeling so busy that I can't enjoy anything because I'm too stressed about the next event. I need to sit back a little and enjoy the moment. Okay realistically, I'm not going to enjoy the mammogram, but Halloween should be soooooo much fun. I need to get her costume ready and I wanted to make fudgy bon bons for all my close friends and visiting teachees. See what I mean about that checklist? I'm trying to do too much. I was kind of anxious all day today, but I couldn't figure out what for. I'm generally not that anxious of a person. I've been reading our bookclub book called The Last Valentine and one of the main characters is a young man in WW II. In the book he feels unsettled and anxious before an air battle and of course he has to ditch his plane in the ocean. He survives and makes it to a group of Filipino guerrilla fighters. He fights with them for three months until one day before a skirmish the same anxiety returns. Of course, the dufus does something heroic, and I'm at the part where he is slowly bleeding to death while he tells his comrades to make sure his wife gets his final letters. So, I started to get paranoid and worry that my anxiety was a foreshadowing of some tragedy about to befall us. I started to worry that David would have a horrible accident on his way home from work, or they would find something in my routine tests tomorrow. I finally decided I was being a little melodramatic.
All this anxiety and the interest in my book kept me from cleaning my house which was a bona fide pigsty. So, David tells me when he comes home that he doesn't think his friend John is coming over to watch the Monday Night Football Game because he hasn't called. I had totally forgotten David mentioning this to me over the weekend. I told David, "If John does come over, make him swear that he will not mention to his wife Michelle what a mess we live in." As I back the car out of the driveway John AND Michelle pull in and wave at me. I wave back while frantically searching for my cell phone. I call David and warn him they are here and beg him to try and straighten in the 30 seconds he has before the doorbell rings. Mortifying! Oh well, what can you do? I guess I should add clean the kitchen and family room to tomorrow's checklist!
Good Night ~C
Happy New Year - A Quick Update
8 months ago

