Tuesday, October 23, 2007

First Daily Entry

Okay, I'm going to try and type a little something every night after I read bedtime stories to Anna and David is finishing up putting her to bed. I'm sure they won't end up being daily, but hopefully somewhat regular. There is nothing too exciting to post for today. I did some visiting teaching this morning. Woo hoo! I'm so excited to get any VT done, because I'm not very good at it. I also spent some time actually playing one on one with Anna. I know that doesn't sound like much, but it is hard to remember to stop trying to do dishes, laundry or straightening and enjoy my girl. We played with the big exercise ball. I would sit on it and she would push me over. She could have done this forever! She laughed so hard. I love the sound of her uncontrollable laughter. She is a very happy girl even though she loves to say that she is sad and make a funny stick out her lips face. We also colored with color wonder markers (one of the great inventions of the 21st century). Lately she says she can't do it and wants to watch me do it. She gets frustrated she can't stay in the lines. I worry she is going to turn into a perfectionist. I basically worry all the time. I'm becoming my mother - who would have guessed this? Not me. We had a nice day.
When David came home from work we went to workout. He has been doing so good going almost every night. I have not been doing so good, so it really felt great to get out there and move. He is really doing well, and eating better. I need to follow his example. It is fun to work out together, and Anna seems to like the toy room at the gym. Well, that is it for the day. Let's see, did Anna say anything funny today? We sat down for dinner of fajitas and declared that she would like Pizza please. She was disappointed that it wasn't on the menu, but quickly recovered by requesting french fries. She settled for tomatoes and a tortilla:)

1 comment:

Craig Brown said...

love the blog, love the pic, love that girl! Congrats on your gym attendance - I have been trying to go after the seminary drop off - worked out and ate right for most of sept and oct and gained 5 pounds!! - perhaps I am gaining weight at a decreasing rate - which I will claim as an accomplishment. Blog away girl--cb