It was a beautiful, crisp, sunny fall day. We stayed home all day which usually drives me nuts, but we had a lot going on. I actually got dishes, laundry, garbage, AND vacuuming done this a.m. We even took Ellie on a short walk to the mailbox to get her new collar in the mail from Aunt Cyndi(thanks!). We got this all done before Brooklyn came to play at 11:30. Brooklyn is in Anna's nursery class at church and lives a couple of blocks away. They usually play together at least once a week. Of all the kids she hangs out with, her and Brooklyn seem to be on the same page. They play spontaneous games together and for the most part (when they are not arguing) have a great time. They had a great time today, we even went to the park at. We stayed at the park until 2 and then went to Brooklyn's house(right behind the park). Andrea invited Anna to stay until she wanted to come home, so I took Andrea up on it and ran before she could change her mind:). It was so nice to scrapbook etc. without interruption. Anna came home after an hour or so. We went upstairs, I started to type something on the computer. I turned around to answer her "Mom", and she was asleep on the floor in the hall-Crash! A great day of play will do that to you.
Our other crash was my cooking disaster. I had scalloped potatoes from a box cooking in the 450 oven in a small Pyrex like I had done a million times before. I heard a pop and a hiss, opened the oven, my Pyrex had cracked into 10 pieces, and all the sauce was dripping to the bottom of the oven - not pretty. Luckily Anna was strapped into her car seat in the garage watching Wiggles (long story). Thanks to my awesome Orca potholders I got it all cleaned up.
I am now ready to crash. David has already crashed in Anna's room. She asks him to lie down next to her when he puts her in bed and turns off the lights. Sometimes he crashes hard and I have to go wake him up. He's been in there for awhile. I should go check on him. Maybe I will finish a little scrapbooking first:)
Good Night ~C
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Yea! You have a blog! I love being able to come along with your daily adventures. We just returned from a whirlwind vacation to Disney World with most of my family. I am headed to bed to try to fuel up for my big day tomorrow. I'll be so glad to have the Primary Program finished. Hooray! I also have to meet with that crazy family after church. My counselors and our Bishopric counselor (a big-time attorney in his professional life--He'll be a great mediator!) will be there with me. I've been dreading it all week. I'll keep you posted.
Post a Comment