Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

I love Halloween. I think handing out the candy is my favorite of all. We had a crazy schedule with my work and ward trunk or treat, but we fit it all in. We left the house unattended for about an hour and a half. It all worked out. On top of it all Anna woke up with a fever this morning. She didn't seem too sick, just a little puny and tired. She took a huge two hour nap. The fever broke and she seemed better so we went forward. Anna went as Super Anna (her costume ended up looking a lot like a cheerleader, but it was still really cute). David wore his old Fred Flintstone costume and added the eye patch and sword we bought for the pirate costumes that never were. He said that he was Pirate Flintstone! Apparently it was a big hit at the ward trunk or treat. Anna had a great time. David took her over to Kathie LaFramboise's house (one of his employees that loves her), and Kathie gave her a giant sized Hershey's bar. As soon as she walked through the door she was ripping the paper off and telling me, "look, Mommy, chocolate!" She ate quite a lot of it until I took it away. I took her around to a couple of neighbors, but she was pretty tired and said, "let's go to our house next." We had tons of trick-or-treaters, so much fun. I put on a witch hat and a red tutu skirt from the costume box just to join in the festivities. Our pumpkins were all lit and looked great. For all the great fun it was, it does feel good to have it done.
This morning I sewed on the super Anna letters and then made Fudgy Bon Bons to give away to friends. I called Cyndi half way through the baking with a question and she told me I was being way too high strung about it. I told her two things make me anxious-sewing and cooking- and that was all I had done all day long. So it felt great to get that all done and have fun with the holiday. Hope everyone else had a great Halloween.
Good Night ~C