Sunday, October 28, 2007

Program, Problem, and Pumpkins

PROGRAM
This morning was the Primary Program. Everything went great. The kids were fantastic, everyone knew what to do, it is done-YEAH! I really love working with the primary kids. They are fun ages. It is so much less stressful than working with Young Women. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I don't have to teach a weekly lesson or plan a weekly activity. Sharing time every couple of months is a piece of cake. The kids are so cute. I would really like to get to know them better. Any suggestions? My notes to myself for next year's program are: 1) sit an adult in the chair that has the microphone button:), 2) draw out a diagram of seating before the first practice in the chapel, 3) relax and enjoy it.
PROBLEM
Right before the beginning of Sacrament meeting Anna's Nursery class teacher came up to tell me that Anna has been misbehaving for the last three weeks in Nursery! My first teacher complaint. Sis. Johnson said, "I thought you were the kind of mother that would want to know." I definitely am that! She said Anna is not sharing and when they ask her to or to do something else she just runs away or won't look at them! We had a talk. "Your job in Nursery is to listen to the teacher, if you can't do that you don't get to go to Nursery" We also discussed sharing. I didn't think it would make much difference, but when I picked her up they said she was good today. They also mentioned that they can not put her in the same group with Brooklyn or they act up. My naughty little girl! Hopefully she will shape up:)
PUMPKINS
Tonight we carved pumpkins. Anna thought the goo was the best part. She really liked the words goo and goop. She kept chanting, "more goop Daddy!" Which worked well because David had a very large pumpkin with plenty of goop. I thought she would like putting her hands into the pumpkin because she likes to feel things so much. I think it was the unknown that was holding her back, because after we had a nice pile of goop that she could see, she really got into it and massaged the pile with gusto. She also liked making the faces. She told me all the shapes to do on her pumpkin. She was so excited to take them to the front porch and look at them lit up. Tip for the day, As soon as you carve your pumpkin cover all carved surfaces with petroleum jelly and your pumpkin will last longer. Tip #2 buy one of the electric pumpkin carving knives-totally works and worth it. Can't wait for Halloween.

Good Night ~C

No comments: