Anna had her flu shot this a.m. She did great-no crying. The nurse was awesome. She never even let Anna see the needle, and she had that sparkly band-aid ready to give her as soon as she pulled the needle out. It totally distracted her, and she forgot to cry. This afternoon I went and had my yearly mammogram. I didn't cry either. I also got some flowery stickers:) Woo hoo, two things done off my list.
Tonight was book club, and we had a great turnout! A couple of new people, and last months new people returned. We had a fun chat. The book wasn't that great, but we had a lot to say about it. We tried to pry some info out of the bishop's wife on the boundary changes, but she is too good! She locked her lips and threw the key away. We talked about marriage and expectations and love and choices, even about sex. It was a great time.
I spent a lot of time on the Shelfari website today. It is so fun to look at other people's shelves. I left a note for my friend Kim, and she called me. We had a great chat on the phone. Hooray. I miss her. Books are good. They connect people.
Good Night ~C
Happy New Year - A Quick Update
8 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment