Anna's bedtime schedule is all messed up. She keeps taking random afternoon naps that make her crazy at bedtime. She doesn't fall asleep until 10-10:30. It is not good! I thought we had finally fixed it. She had slept in yesterday morning and no nap during the day. Unfortunately we got her to bed later last night through our own fault. She slept in again this a.m., so I thought she would be fine today. I went and ran some errands around 4 this afternoon, and she fell asleep on the way home! Now she is crying in her room and far from sleep. We've got to get this fixed.
I started reading Girl with a Pearl Earring and I really like it. I like the writing style a lot. I'm hoping to get a lot of reading done on our car trip to Idaho next week. I haven't broken that news to David yet. I think he feels a little abandoned when he drives and I read.
Went to the mall this a.m. with Amy, Tracie and kids. We haven't been able to get together otherwise this week and I really appreciated the chance to sit and talk. Their friendship means a lot to me.
The other day, just out of curiosity I asked Anna, "if Mommy had another baby what should we name it?" She gave me a very confused and quizzical look and answered, "Anna, Anna is Mommy's baby." It was so funny. I am the one and only was her message. She could not even conceive of a sibling. I tried the words brother or sister, but she thinks brother, sister, cousin and friend are all the same thing. Someday it will be a great shock.
I went and sang to her and I think she is calmed down enough to fall asleep on her own. At least there is no more noise, talking or rustling around coming from her room. Fingers crossed:)
Good Night ~C
p.s. I'm going to start a quote board on this blog one of these nights when I have more time. Look for it.
Happy New Year - A Quick Update
8 months ago


1 comment:
I hate it when Donnie reads while I'm driving on a long trip! I can't read in the car at all, so maybe I'm a bit jealous. I want him to entertain me while I'm driving--or at least keep me awake. I loaded several podcasts on my MP3 player of "The Satellite Sisters" and "Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me" on our trip to Orlando. I was entertained, and he could read. It worked well.
Post a Comment