Thanksgiving was great. A loud and crazy family holiday. That is how I like it. David's family is always worried that it is too wild or crowded for me, but they don't realize that that is how I grew up. A load of cousins running and screaming through the house are some of my best childhood memories. It is so fun to see Anna do the same thing. She really had fun with all her cousins, especially Hailey and Conner. They played so well together. It was also nice for Anna to have a little company and a little competition! She also loved holding her new cousin Baby Caden. She would bounce him and say, "It's okay Caden, it's okay."
We went shopping everyday-including Thanksgiving morning. Dinner was great, and I ate way too much. Conner even threw up right onto his Thanksgiving plate! This is a picture of him not five minutes before the hurl. Luckily he was a good shot and it was not projectile. Mike had it cleaned up in no time. We barely paused from inhaling our mashed potatoes and gravy :).

On Black Friday Mike and Leif left the house at 2:30AM! The girls left at 3:30AM! David and I got up around 5:30 and made it into Idaho Falls by 6:15. It was insane! The number of people out that early all fighting for the 5$ play-doh. We found some great deals and had fun together.
That night David surprised me. He had reserved a room at the Fairfield for us for our anniversary! We had a swim with Anna, Mike, Hailey and Conner which was so fun. Then, Mike took them all home and David and I went to dinner and had a romantic evening alone. He even had red and white roses waiting for me in the hotel room. What a man! He is a true romantic. It was a wonderful anniversary.
Saturday we went to the Bee movie and had Anna's birthday party. She was obsessed with a plastic apple that she had filled with play-doh and was calling her dinner. I could barely get her to come up to or concentrate on the party. The party did make a great impression on her because she has mentioned it to several people since we came home. Especially the candles.
Sunday we all went to church together and the Bishop was asking people to come out of the congregation and bear their testimony, and he called on David! David gave a very touching testimony. I really love and respect him so much. He even talked about the Bee Movie. How all the bees do small jobs, but it adds up to a great difference in the way our world functions. Just like our jobs in the church and the part we play in our families. Very well put!We left Sunday afternoon for Boise and came home Monday am. a great trip.
Good Night ~C


1 comment:
It sounds like a great holiday. Kudos to the hubby for planning a night away! That's my very favorite thing to do. Usually, though, I have to plan it.
I updated my blog finally with a Thanksgiving recap.
Can you believe it's almost December?
Post a Comment