Friday, November 2, 2007

Friday Off

Today was David's Friday off. I love Friday off weekends. Both he and I really wish they would go to four tens, but the union fights it. Who knows why. Anyway. Anna went and played with Brooklyn, and David and I went to the Craft Fair. David has always loved these, so it has always been a fun thing we do together. It was soooooo nice to go together alone:) I smiled at all the moms with crying children in strollers and thanked Andrea (Brooklyn's mom) in my head every time. After the craft fair we picked up Anna and went to lunch at Applebee's. She fell asleep on the booth bench. She went back to sleep when I moved her to the car. She slept in her car seat while we waited for David to get a hair cut. She went back to sleep when we got home and David moved her into the house. Finally after 3 and 1/2 hours of sleep I woke her up. I was starting to get worried we wouldn't be able to wake her up. David gets so worried every time she gets sick (especially a fever) that her TEC that she was hospitalized for at 18 months is coming back. They told us that it wouldn't, but you can't help yourself from worrying. After she had been sleeping for 3 hours and we were dithering over what to do, David looked at me and said, "this is so hard!" I thought he was talking about his latchhook. He said, "no, being a parent, this is hard, not knowing if she is OK." Isn't he the sweetest daddy? She was just fine. I think she is still fighting whatever bug caused the fever on Wednesday. She doesn't complain of anything although her voice is a little horse. She ate like a trooper when she woke up, so I think she is fine. I'll make an appointment on Monday if she gets worse.
Tonight when I put her to bed she wanted to use the forehead thermometer to check for a fever. She calls it a "thamomonomena" She wants me to check her for a fever, then she wants to check me. She's so funny.
Good Night ~C