
I think today that Anna is officially better; no nap, no cough, etc. We babysat Mia this morning. My friend Tracie's little girl. She is the sweetest girl. She really lights up a room. Anna loves her and played with her a lot.
In the afternoon we had to run errands all over the place. I had to pick up a cabinet key from the college for my classroom. I told Anna we were going to my school. First she told me that she did not want to come to my school. She wanted to stay home all by herself and watch Dora, bye bye Mommy. Nice independence, no? We went and she loved walking around the buildings. All the doors have handicapped buttons - a big hit. I had to trick her to go back to the car. She kept telling me we were not done at Mommy's school yet.
Later we went and played at O'Barrs. Anna really likes to play there, and I love to visit with my friend Raquel. She is very down to earth and open. Barb Sandness was also there (We all three teach Spanish at CBC) which was very fun. Raquel made us a delicious Spanish tortilla (she is from Spain). Poor David, I told him on the phone when he said he would be late that he needed to pick himself up something for dinner because I was too full to cook.
Anna has been clingy to me while she was sick. She was always wanting Mommy. But, now that she is better she picked up on both of our anxiousness for her to want to go to Daddy, so now she is playing us. Tonight when he came home she said she didn't want to see him. I know she is just messing around. As the night went on and I tried to ignore it (which I know is the best policy, but I have such a hard time not saying something to her), she forgot and played with him. I know it hurts his feelings, which is why I feel the need to make a big deal out of it, which only makes it worse. Her normal response is to run into the garage yelling Daddy! as soon as she hears the garage door go up.
I have had the same problem with Potty Training. I made too big a deal out of it, so she wants nothing to do with it. I'm trying to lay low and only mention it casually. She showed some interest today. We'll see.
Good Night ~C

